Transaction advisory services / M&A
Strategic investments, private equity and investment firms often play a substantial role in enabling SME firms to grow, thereby creating the basis for sustained business success. In the view of the risks involved, it is crucially important to have an experienced partner by your side.
Furthermore, corporate transactions are often highly complex, as they involve a range of possible conflicting commercial, strategic, tax and legal issues. M&A services may include providing a full service to an SME considering an acquisition, the sale of a business in a bidding process as well as services for institutional investors and private equity firms.
Our consulting services:
We provide valuable support even before the investment decision is taken:
- Assisting in the planning of M&A transactions and their funding
- Quick check analysis in order to better understand the target (preliminary review of financial, tax and legal data)
- Planning advice on business, legal and tax issues and the transaction structure
- Business valuations in accordance with recognised standards
- Developing mechanisms to determine or agree the acquisition price
- Advising and providing support in the case of acquisitions from insolvency administrators
We support in implementing the planned acquisition:
- Handling the legal aspects of confidentiality letters, exclusivity agreements and LOIs
- Legal, financial and tax due diligence reviews
- Risk analysis and reporting
Assisting in contract negotiations and the contractual implementation of M&A transactions
- Optimising acquisition structures and transactions from a tax perspective
- Planning, preparing and reviewing closing balance sheets
- Advising on antitrust law issues
We advise on post-closing issues and disputes:
- Preparation or audit of closing balance sheet
- Dealing with warranties
- Analysing the legal and business situation
- Working out the basis for claims
- Representing clients with their claims in negotiations, in court or before an arbitral tribunal
- Preparing or reviewing settlement balance sheets according to contractual provisions
- Calculating and negotiating earn-out claims
We also act as an outsourced M&A department (see our separate brochure)!
We know that pure expertise alone is not sufficient. Issues affecting several areas have to be identified and resolved on an interdisciplinary basis. The PSP Team enables us to offer one-step integrated advisory services that offer clients a considerable advantage by eliminating the usual inefficiencies when several parties are involved, which in turn means more effective advice and less risk that information is lost.
Besides know-how, trust is vital. Our M&A team therefore consists of highly qualified professionals that have gained transactional experience over many years. As a result, we can provide the same quality level of advice as the major international firms, in a national as well as in an international context, with a commitment to a high level of responsibility, speed and flexibility in every stage of a transaction.